Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director of R&D and Business Development
Provides marketing leadership to develop the National Flavors’ brand strategy. Will help to create and lead the development of long- and short-term strategies and marketing plans to assist in achieving corporate objectives. Responsible for research of market conditions in local, regional, or national areas, or gather information to determine potential sales of a product or create a marketing campaign. Gather information on competitors, prices, sales and methods of marketing and distribution.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for all outbound company communications affecting brand strategy.
- Provide sales support as needed through creation, delivery, and optimization of marketing materials, such as brochures, sell sheets, email campaigns, and internal and external newsletters. Maintains appropriate inventory levels of all printed materials.
- Responsible for marketing budget.
- Supervise social media outreach and web content.
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as voice of customer surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Seek and provide information to help National Flavors determine their position in the marketplace.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Provide R&D Department market trend data in a timely manner to ensure product development is data driven.
- Coordinates all facets of successful tradeshow deployment. Makes recommendations for participation based upon market strategy, books/prepares and updates all marketing tools (literature, booth, professional imaging, messaging, etc.) for approved shows in a timely manner. Prepares kick-off for marketing roll-out plan and talking points for all staff working tradeshow booth.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Work Experience: 5+ years’ experience in a marketing role
Industry Knowledge: Experience in direct marketing, market segmentation, marketing research, project management, reporting research results, process improvement, and financial skills preferred.
Winning Behaviors, Competencies, and Skills
Define behaviors and values:
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Applied Learning – Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal pro-actively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Personality and Communication (soft skills)
- Excellent communication skills are needed.
- Must possess strong research skills and function well in a self-directed environment.
- Must be highly creative, exhibit strong work ethic and character.
- Ability to ask for, and accept, feedback on ideas is essential.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and design software is required. Examples are our current use of Creative Cloud for InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator and Muse, along with Benchmark for internal and external newsletters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
There are currently no other open positions available. However, We are always accepting applications/resumes.
Apply at the link above or send your resume to
Director of Human Resources